The Pension SuperFund (“PSF”) today announce the appointment of eight Non-Executive Directors (“NED”) / Board members, covering both the corporate and sponsor operational sides of the business.
- David Barral: ex CEO of Aviva UK Life and also former Chair of the retirement and savings committee at the ABI;
- Sheila Gunn: employment and pensions lawyer in practice for 23 years; currently a NED with the Scottish Building Society, the Chartered Banker Institute and a member of the Accounts Commission;
- Jocelyn Blackwell: pensions industry veteran for more than 40 years, strategic pensions consultant for blue chip companies and current Trustee Director of Lloyds Banking Group Pensions Trustees Limited;
- Samantha Durrant: current NED roles in the Home Office, Insolvency Service and NHS and has served as a Director at NEST and worked for 11 years with tPR;
- Clive Hopkins: serves on the Development Board at St John’s College, Cambridge University and was Director and Chair of the Investment Committee for Shell Pensions Trust from 2010-19;
- Kathryn Graham: ex Head of Strategy Coordination at Universities Superannuation Scheme Ltd (“USS”), one of the largest pension schemes in the UK, with total fund assets of over £70 billion;
- Helen Copinger-Symes: over three decades with global blue-chip asset managers, investment firms and banks and currently serves on the Investment Committee for the DHL (UK) Foundation;
- Frank Johnson: highly experienced NED with investment companies and previously Managing Director, Investments with RAILPEN;
Chris Hitchen, Chairman of the Pension Superfund, said:
“The new appointments come at a pivotal moment in the development of the Pension SuperFund as it applies for assessment from The Pensions Regulator in line with its June 2020 guidance. The new directors reflect PSF’s sustained commitment to good governance for the benefit of the pensioner, drawing on the wealth of experience of this exceptional group of pensions market professionals.”
These additions follow the appointment of Michael Clark as Chief Executive Officer in January of this year. See more via: https://www.thepensionsuperfund.com/the-pension-superfund-announces-theappointment-of-michael-clark-as-chief-executive-officer/.
Michael Clark, Chief Executive Officer at the Pension SuperFund, commented:
“We are absolutely delighted to welcome these highly regarded individuals to their respective Board positions at Pension SuperFund. Their track records both within pensions and across the broader financial landscape further strengthens PSF’s already high-class roster of pension professionals and talent to ensure first-class leadership and governance for what is a very exciting time for superfunds.”
For further enquiries, please contact:
T: +44 (0) 7912 508 322